Saturday, November 22, 2008

Big 'I' of CMMI !


While writing CMMI , I have noticed many people using small 'i' i.e CMMi.
My observation is everywhere in SEI website and in CMMI model book Acronymns page,
CMMI is wriiten only with big 'I' in it.
Indeed CMMI is BIG :-)
Though its a trivial issue , I have seen people who are conscious enough to make 'i' as smaller one,even it is written correctly as CMMI!And to be honest it becomes topic for a amusing debate !
I really don't know the origin for this practice ,though I use the notation - CMMI.

As I was going through the CMMI model book, one thing that struck me was ,in the project members list for the CMMI project it was surprising that there is not a single Indian name/company !!!
The recent statistics published by SEI clearly indicates India in third position after USA and China in the most number of CMMI adopted companies.

Point to ponder..
If someone has views over this , I am eager to hear ...
Statistics Source :SEI website

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Surya Prakash Garg said...

I Think this "I" should be for India, :J

I am also amazed. As a support to your views please have a look at this document

http://www.sei.cmu.edu/appraisal-program/profile/pdf/CMMI/2008MarCMMI.pdf.

Is there any reporting mechanism to SEI?

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger OSB said...

Hi
Thats a interesting thot!
As you said Indian companies are in top slots in number of assessments.
And you can anytime send Change requests/comments and feedback to SEI.
Check out SEI website and change requests can be sent to cmmi-cr@sei.cmu.edu

Cheers
Balaji OS

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Surya Prakash Garg said...

hi,

sure would send them change request. please send me the link to the CMMI model book.

Surya

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger OSB said...

Hi surya
You can download the CMMI model book from
http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmmi/models/index.html

Balaji OS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home